General Position Summary
Responsible for conducting the Company's in-field Applications Support activities for automated immunohistochemistry (IHC) instrumentation and reagents. Extensive on-site reagent evaluation and optimization. Participation in the installation process, applications troubleshooting, pre-and post- installation customer training and routine follow-up for Sakura customers and sales teams. Participates in all quality assurance procedures as required.
Essential Job Functions
Technical Support Activities
- As part of an installation team participate in the Installation and evaluations of immunohistochemistry (IHC) Instrumentation that are evaluated and/or sold in hospitals and commercial or research facilities
- Conduct comprehensive onsite evaluations of antibodies and probes.
- Provides on-site operator training and support.
- Responsible for addressing application, instrument and training issues in the field that can be complex in nature.
- Instruct customers in Advanced Operator Training.
- Performs all follow-up training and technical support for new and existing customers.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of new product offerings and their applications in a diagnostics immunohistopathology environment
- Participates in industry forums and product sales demonstrations.
- Quickly responds to customer inquiries and requests regarding products, questions and technical and applications problems.
- Conducts research to obtain support information if necessary. Proposes alternative solutions to customers for a variety of issues.
- Responsible for guiding complaint resolution to ensure that proper and satisfactory responses and results are provided to customers.
- Maintains a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Conducts all duties with the highest level of professionalism.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
Information Management & Reporting Activities
- On a regular basis, communicates with both internal and external Company personnel and affiliated personnel providing important information regarding company products.
- Creates documentation system on spreadsheet and database software to improve department productivity and overall efficiency.
- Manages multiple priorities.
- Reviews and edits operator manual for all models of laboratory equipment sold by the Company.
- Attends and participates in group meetings, task force groups, etc., as needed.
- Plans, coordinates and prepares reports, surveys, research information and any special requests made by senior management.
- Provides specialized product training related to Immunohistopathology and continual information/guidance to other staff members.
- Participates in Sales (new hire) training of Sakura’s Immunohistoproducts. Prepares hand-out material and formal product presentations along with practical exercises.
- Assists in the control of processes and/or procedures to assure the highest possible levels of quality.
- May provide various reports and information concerning market information, product liability issues, etc., as requested.
- Seeks constant improvement in work processes and techniques to increase department productivity.
- Maintains good communications both inside and outside of the Company.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent in medical technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- HT or HTL (ASCP) certification required. QIHC (ASCP) certification highly desired.
Experience & Minimum Qualifications
- Five or more years of immunohistochemistry and histology laboratory experience or equivalent in a clinical, industrial or research enviornment.
- Knowledge and understanding of specialized histology such as immunohistochemistry and the company’s products and/or services.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and proficiency on one or more products.
- Strong customer satisfaction skills.
- Ability to write daily reports, business correspondence and sales reports according to specified timelines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, etc.
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities. Must be tactful, mature and flexible.
- Fluency with a variety of word processing and spreadsheet software packages used on personal computers.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Must possess computer proficiency.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- Ability to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
- Ability to travel to other locations both within and outside of the local region 75% of the time. Must have a valid driver's license and access to a car.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person and using a phone.
- Ability to listen, understand, interpret and solve problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Affirmative Action Employer